[First published: 16 Jan 2018, last updated: 21 May 2019]
Awhile back, we wrote an article about the benefits of feeding your dog raw food. Since then, we’ve had many questions submitted by eager dog owners, asking about recommendations for our most popular brands of raw foods for their pets!
Today, we’re going to introduce five outstanding brands of raw dog food that you can get in Singapore. These are based on what are frequently bought online, and we hope that this list will help canine pet parents be on their way to nutritional wellness!
1. Stella and Chewy’s
One of the newer brands of freeze-dried foods available, Stella & Chewy’s has been a huge hit on Nekojam since its launch in 2016. With a wide variety of flavours for dogs (and cats), each Stella & Chewy’s freeze-dried raw dinner patty is formulated to mirror a dog’s ancestral diet! There has never been a more convenient way to feed a biologically appropriate raw food diet. Stella & Chewy’s wide variety of food options guarantees:
- 95% meat, organs and bone
- Grass-fed, cage-free, wild-caught proteins
- 100% organic fruits and vegetables
- Fortified with added vitamins and minerals
- Enhanced with probiotics and antioxidants
- 100% complete and balanced dinner
- No grains; no gluten
This brand is only available in freeze-dried raw form. Feeding is as simple as adding warm water and allowing 5-10 minutes for rehydration.
(By the way, it’s worth checking out the review of Stella and Chewy’s Freeze Dried Foods for Cats and Dogs we did sometime back!)
Here are our pet parent picks:
2. Pet Cubes
Established in 2013, Pet Cubes Dog Food has been a strong advocate of the fresh food movement in Singapore and has impacted the lives of thousands of pets and pet parents.
All the dog food sold by Pet Cubes are made locally in Singapore and prepared using *HACCP-certified equipment and processes. Licensed by AVA Singapore, Pet Cubes ensures that all of its products are made using only a single type of protein source, which would certainly benefit dogs suffering from allergies.
- Cooked at 80 degrees to eliminate bacteria and parasites while retaining minerals and vitamins
- Formulated as whole meals with added nutrition
- Immediately packed and blast-frozen to lock in freshness
- Wholesome and nutritious
- Ideal for dogs of all ages
- Helps to create a robust immune and digestive system
Pet Cubes are available in raw frozen patties. Interestingly enough, they also have a range that mimics a home-cooked diet, for those who feel uncomfortable feeding their pets raw meat.
3. Primal Pet Food
With the mission of focusing on elevating the health of pets through species-appropriate nutrition, Primal Pet Food develops products that make it easier than ever before to keep your pet’s diet as close to nature as possible. Primal Pet Food is guaranteed to contain:
- 100% antibiotic- and steroid-free USDA human-grade meats, poultry and game
- Certified organic produce
- No synthetic vitamins, grain, gluten, corn, wheat, soy or hormones
- Manufactured in USA
- Human-grade ingredients
- Wild caught and ethically raised proteins
- Grass and vegetable fed proteins
Primal Pet Foods are available in freeze-dried raw nuggets only. They are large enough to break easily and can be fed dry or moist.
4. K9 Natural
One of the leaders in natural pet nutrition, K9 Naturals’ in-house animal nutritionist works with some of the world’s best animal research institutions to ensure your pet’s optimum health and well-being. With whole food ingredients sourced in New Zealand, K9 Natural makes it a priority to meet and exceed industry standards. As such, every batch of K9 Natural is thoroughly tested before leaving the factory. K9 Natural guarantees:
- 100% all-natural, sustainable, free-range, and grass-fed ingredients
- Zero grain, gluten and fillers.
- Low in carbohydrate
- 100% balanced nutrition
- Great tasting
- 90% meat sourced from a single source protein
5. Big Dog BARF
Big Dog aims to provide the correct nutrition to ensure the longevity of all its customers’ pet dogs. With a vast variety of raw dog food, Big Dog hopes to provide all the benefits of raw feeding in conveniently frozen portions. Its recipes are produced as a complete diet which are both easy to serve and mouth-watering for dogs. Big Dog guarantees that its all its products are…
- 100% Natural
- 100% Australian
- Zero artificial chemicals, colours, flavours or preservatives
- Promotes healthy skin and joint health
- Promotes bone, nail and teeth health
- Muscle repair & growth
Here are some available flavours!
So Which Raw Dog Food Is Best for My Dog?
We can’t place a preference to any one of them, as they all have their merits and they all offer the best kind of food source for our canine family member. If you’re new to raw food, however, you can look at the current flavours that your dog prefers and start by introducing them to it in phases. Does your dog have no preference? You might wanna try them all to find out what is best for your dog. At Nekojam, we have a full range of freeze-dried and frozen raw dog foods for you to choose. Give them a go and see which one your dog prefers!
Stella and Chewy: Nekojam
Pet Cubes: http://www.petcubes.sg/feeding
Big Dog BARF: Nekojam
Latest posts by Moses Tang (see all)
- 5 Dog Food Toppers For Your Dog’s Next Meal - June 21, 2019
- A Review of PetCubes Frozen Dog Food Singapore - June 12, 2019
- 5 Outstanding Brands of Raw Dog Food To Try in Singapore - May 29, 2019